Saturday, September 21, 2013

Miniature Beauties....

So, this morning at work, one of my good friends brought in some of his Matchbox Car collection for me to be able to see the manufacturer's marks.  Since I spend a lot of time looking at antiques/treasures, I wanted to know what to look out for while on a quest.

My friend is a serious collector.  He has over 3000 vehicles of all types in his collection.  Just the ones he brought to show me today are worth a total of over $600.00.  The fun is always in the hunt.  Finding a piece where you know the worth but the seller has it way under-priced makes the hours searching completely satisfying.

After photographing these little guys, I really want to set up some kind of little lightbox and shoot little stuff.  I have a little portable "studio" at home...maybe I'll go pick it up today.

Here's what I got to play with today.  I really, really like the chopper....












No comments:

Post a Comment