Thursday, September 19, 2013

Childhood Memories....

Isn't it weird how you can see or hear or smell or taste something and you are immediately transformed back years, even decades?  I had that happen to me this past weekend.  I saw a carved piece of wood, and Hank Williams Sr. was suddenly warbling a childhood favorite in my head.  A sad song of unrequited love.

Now I've been singing the freaking thing for the past 4 days - earworm.  Thanks, Hank.  Actually, I think it is Charlie Pride's version I keep imitating....badly, I must add.

As completely un-PC as this song is, it takes me back to a good memory of my childhood.  I'm sure either my mom or my dad or my grandma had the LP and played it (a lot).  Either way, I liked it then...and I kinda like it now.  Sorry to all of my Native American friends.  I was so naive back then.

Anyhow, here's Hank's version.

And a photo of my new friend, Kaw-liga.


No comments:

Post a Comment