Monday, November 2, 2015

"Ain't got time to take a fast train..."

So...

A couple of weeks ago, a screaming loud F-18 flew over our house at dinner time.  I promise, I thought we were under attack.  Oh...we get a lot of crazy sounding planes flying over since we're on the flight path to Lunken Airport, but the intensity of this jet - and the obvious speed - was a little disquieting.  (Some nights it sounds like we are under attack from the Luftwaffe...)

Since I knew where he was headed, I asked Pappy if we could visit Lunken the next morning to try and catch a glimpse.  And only a glimpse it was.


This is zoomed waaaay in..through the chain-link fence.  We were hoping to hang around to see him take off but that didn't happen (sadly).  I deserved to witness that considering he scared the crap out of me at supper the night before.

While we were there, I took this artsy-fartsy photo of another jet....sitting a little closer.


"Leaving On A Jet Plane"


All my bags are packed, I'm ready to go, I'm standing here outside your door,
I hate to wake you up to say good-bye.
But the dawn is breaking, it's early morn, the taxi's waiting He's blowing his horn.
Already I'm so lonesome I could die.
So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me, hold me like you'll never let me go.
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go.

There's so many times I've let you down, so many times I've played around,
I tell you now they don't mean a thing.
Every place I go I'll think of you, every song I sing I'll sing for you,
when I come back, I'll bring your wedding ring.
So kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me, hold me like you'll never let me go.
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go.

Now the time has come to leave you, one more time let me kiss you,
then close your eyes, I'll be on my way.
Dream about the days to come when I won't have to leave alone,
about the times I won't have to say:
kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you'll wait for me, hold me like you'll never let me go.
'Cause I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go.
I'm leaving on a jet plane, don't know when I'll be back again. Oh, babe, I hate to go. 
 
- John Denver
 
 
___

No comments:

Post a Comment