Tuesday, May 20, 2014

She'll Be Driving Six White Horses When She Comes....

Cool...

We spent this past weekend in Louisville - visiting with Emily and seeing the sights.  On Saturday, we drove down to Bardstown to the Maker's Mark Distillery. 









Mara had a slight issue with the smells...the mash does smell pretty bad...and tastes even worse.  I only tasted one of the vats, but that was plenty for me.

Blech.


The holding barns were pretty impressive.  The barrels are stored for years before they are ready.




Then, we got to taste the goods.  I'm not much of a drinker and whiskey makes me gag - but - I drank my little glasses and some of one of Emily's - just so I could take some photos.  Suffering for my Art.



Then came the pièce de résistance - the whole reason I wanted to go to the Distillery - their new installation...

Chihuly!!!! 

Yay!!





On Sunday, we attended Family Day at Churchill Downs.  




Lots of little kids (and for some reason they wouldn't let us in the bouncey house).  Most of the day we sat at the rail and I got to take as many photos of the ponies as my little heart desired.  This was my first time at a race track (it was pretty cool!) so forgive the gazillion photos.  (We all know what a terrible editor I am of my own photos.)  


We - unsuccessfully - placed a couple of bets.  I still have no idea what any of the statistics in the program mean - but that's beside the point.  I can't even image how crowded this place is for the Derby.  Crazy.















Then there's the fashion....or lack thereof...


This would probably be me....


I apologize again for the sheer amount of photos...I was having a good time and it was exciting!!

Enjoy!

Sincerely...Sophie.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment