Saturday, October 29, 2016

"You stay classy San Diego." ~Ron Burgandy

Ok...

So, here is the finished product.  The rooms turned out so well!  I am really impressed, although, we almost look too fancy now.

See all of our new artwork?  I purchased most of it at auction or at several different thrift stores we frequent.  And the two Charley Harper's were found at a yard sale.


I bought the Eastlake desk at auction and Pappy found the Tiffany-style stained glass lamp in the trash.  He bought the Oriental rug on Amazon.


We found the buffet on Craigslist (I wanted something fancier for the TV stand).  Jason's Xbox is all stored behind one of the doors.  He and Pappy modified the buffet to accommodate the wires.


I have this one so you can see the "custom stained glass inserts" above the television.  It was an art project Pappy and I put together.  Very cool and very pretty!  You can see how the living room, dining room and kitchen are an open floor plan.  Pappy and Mara had fun painting over the cabinets.  :)


Here, you can see the new blinds and curtains.  Pappy even chose a Shepard Fairey for over the mantle.  I love the colors!



Here's another good shot of the art...I think I snuck one or two of my pieces in there, too.


This is a little peek down to the foyer.  The stairwell is really weird, with different levels on which my mom has several different collections displayed.  I'll work on documenting those in the spring...when we have the foyer painted.

I've been collecting all those cool wooden boxes and cigar boxes from Goodwill.  Quite interesting and inexpensive!


We've had this Hoosier cabinet since I was a baby.  Pappy acquired it from an estate when we lived in Ludlow.  It looks even more beautiful up against the new paint. 

The rooms look enormous now.  It's amazing what a change of color can do.


The color really brings out the white cabinetry. 


Overall, it looks like a who new house!  Pappy hinted around that he could use these photos...for when he puts the place up for sale. 

Hey, wait a minute!!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment