Monday, October 24, 2016

"Her beauty and the moonlight overthrew ya...." ~Leonard Cohen

Well...

This will be (yet) another demonstration of just how bored out of my mind I am while I am at work.

You take a somewhat expensive piece of professional photography equipment, a tissue box for a tripod, a Lysol wipes canister for a fun surface, (ugly) overhead fluorescent lights and 50 cents worth of miniature rubber dinosaurs (they came in a plastic egg and each is about the size of a quarter).

VoilĂ !

Hey...at least I'm not over here weaving pot-holders (Okay, okay...I've done that, too.)  Putting that BFA to hard work! 

Here are all of the "portraits" of the herd - is it referred to as a "herd"?







The freaking hardest part of this "assignment" has been trying to get the white balance anywhere near normal (and consistent).  

The guys were very patient with me while I was experimenting.  They held their poses while I fiddled with aperture settings, focal points and such...






See how the dude on the right wouldn't stand still?  It was like he had ants in his pants!  I think he was doing it on purpose, ruining the shots - smart aleck.  There's one in every crowd.

I remembered that I had my little swatch of green carpet in my bag...kind of looks like grass...



These are the party scenes.  They wanted to make sure I captured their festive personalities.  All we needed was a DJ and a disco ball...



Phil was helping...isn't he majestic??



Geez...I am losing my mind....

On a COMPLETELY unrelated (and more rational) topic...I heard this tonight.  Holy shit-snacks!  They give me goosebumps...




Yowza.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment