Wednesday, February 25, 2015

I've got to follow that dream wherever that dream may lead....

Do you know the absolute number one reason I LOVE being single?  I do NOT have to explain myself to anyone.  Ever.

Well...

Elvis.  Why do I have an Elvis song stuck in my head?  I don't even like him!  Oh well...

This morning, I decided to stop at a few cemeteries with the pinhole cap on Chuck.  What better way to express my feelings than in a cemetery?  Seriously.  I really like the effect this thing has.  Everything almost glows.  It is a little inconvenient to use though, since I have to use the live view and on sunny mornings it is almost useless.  Especially when I am sporting my awesome shiny white security officer outfit.  Talk about glare. Geesh.

The first cemetery I drove through is Highland in Ft. Mitchell.  I haven't been there for a while and there is this crazy naked Sycamore tree I like to visit.  Check it out...



Isn't that cool?? 

I made a bunch of photos with the pinhole cap and a few with my long lens - which I will post on another date.













And check this bad boy out...lens flare!!!  Cool, huh?


I was fairly lucky that most of the lanes were cleared.  I didn't really take that into account until I made my way down the street to St. John's.  Holy Crap!  Once I drove in there I was really afraid I wasn't going to be able to navigate to narrow STILL FROZEN drive!  Luckily, I made a quick 3-point turn (on a hill, mind you) and made tracks.  I did stop - of course - and take a couple of quick photos.



I was disappointed I didn't get much farther into the cemetery so I decided to head over to Evergreen Cemetery in Southgate.  Here's a shot of the snow on the exit ramp to Ky17...don't worry...I pulled over to take the photo (this time).


Needless to say, that choice was a bust, also.  The entrance is a long drive up a hill towards the chapel.  Well...there was a sign posted that the cemetery was closed due to icy conditions and enter at your own risk!!  I had to slip and slide up the hill to be able to turn around.  Geez... 

After all of that I just called it a day.  Maybe I can go to Spring Grove Sunday morning.  I have a feeling the snow will still be around until then...just a sneaking suspicion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment