Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Fighting for Some Semblance of Reality....

So...

We survived Snowmagedden 2015.  Hopefully, this will be our only significant snowfall of 2015. 

Blah, snow.  It makes life so inconvenient.  I can't believe that I have actually applied for jobs in snowy cities.  I guess public transportation would make it or break it for me, though. 

Sorry...I digress.  Several years ago, I purchased a couple of fun attachments for my camera.  I had seen this absolutely gorgeous photograph of a white horse that had been made with a pinhole camera body cap for a DSLR. What, what??!!  I had forgotten all about it until yesterday while I was laying there (agonizingly) trying to fall asleep during the snow dump...thinking about showing off my photography skills of the white death. 

(Anything you can do, I can do better.  I can do anything better than you...)

This first set of photos was made with the pinhole cap.  I was going to stop at a cemetery but I had worked 12 hours on less than 4 hours of sleep - and I forgot I didn't bring a coat.  They are pretty cool - if I do say so myself!








These next photos were made with a Lomography Diana Lens that I purchased years ago...on PhotoJojo (I think).  It's just this little plastic attachment that you kind of have to hold onto because it really just sits on your camera.  I was out running around in the front yard taking photos like a maniac...without a coat anyway.  Doh.  I love the idea that I was able to get a retro film look from Chuck and a couple of $30 pieces of plastic.  Cool, huh?








Today will consist of another day of less than 4 hours of sleep, 8 hours of work and then a 7:45am appointment after work at the Guts Doctor.  I guess those 12 hours I slept on Sunday were to make up for all of this crap.  Getting old sucks. 




No comments:

Post a Comment