Wednesday, July 24, 2019

“The purpose of life is to live it, to taste experience to the utmost, to reach out eagerly and without fear for newer and richer experience.” ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Well...

Today, my dad and I went to a family friend's house to pick some Silver Queen corn.  It's been a while since either of us have done anything physically demanding - in the slightest amount (I mean more exerting than climbing the stairs to get in our house - which, in itself, I must confess, can sometimes be quite the challenge). 

Cue the circus music. 

First of all, neither of us are very steady on our feet.  Second?  It rained pretty hard yesterday.  And third, we were slogging through a cornfield...dragging about 10lbs extra of mud on each foot.  Totally freaking hilarious!  We were stumbling through the rows, trying to find the fattest ears of corn, pick them, get them in the bags and try to stay upright.  Note:  Cornstalks can't hold my weight.  After Pappy deemed we had a large enough haul, we turned around and started back up the hill toward the exit hole in the fence.  Holy crap.  I was laughing so freaking hard, trying to pick up my feet, stay vertical and carry the heavy bags.  At this point, I am trudging forward when suddenly, I threw a shoe!  Hahahaha!!  It stuck in the mud about 3 inches deep!  I was attempting to bend over and get it while not putting my foot down (because I was wearing white socks) AND not drop the bags of corn - which, by the way, where whacking me upside the head.  (Pappy turned around and couldn't see me because of the cornstalks and was afraid he was going to have to come back and pick my fat ass up out of the mud.)  I was cackling like a banshee!  I finally retrieved my shoe and made my way out of the field, squishing all the way.  (I was worried I was going to pee my pants from laughing so freaking hard.)  We made it to the car at long last, and I had to remove my remaining shoe and my mushy, soaked and muddy sock. 

So...the adventure of the day...made it home, covered in mud and barefoot.  Totally worth it.

We also passed by one of my high school classmate's parent's house - which had about 40 bags of garbage - and a toilet - sitting in their driveway.  It looked a little worrisome there.  Who knows...

We didn't make it to the bakery...for SOME reason.  πŸ˜‰

Well...here is today's installment of photos.  No cameras with us today, though, thank god.  I can't even imagine what THAT looked like.

Enjoy.




THIS is one of my biggest pet peeves...


Mara's album cover is about to drop...



ENORMOUS flag in Fairfield.


Valley of the Dolls...or the Stepford Wives.  You choose.  (Creepy)




“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming "Wow! What a Ride!”
~Hunter S. Thompson


.

No comments:

Post a Comment