Sunday, May 22, 2016

“It is not for me to judge another man's life. I must judge, I must choose, I must spurn, purely for myself. For myself, alone.” ~Hermann Hesse, Siddhartha

So...

I once had a professor tell me that my photography was "trite and cliché".  (Thank god it wasn't a photography professor or my collegiate career would have ended right then and there - 3 semesters in.)  We weren't supposed to use:  animals, kids, babies, puppies, kittens, balloons, clowns or flowers in our art - according to her.  Well...bite me.  I happen to LIKE flowers and photographing them.  AND I feel like I do an adequate job taking their "portraits". 

So there.

(I hate being told what I can and cannot do - based on someone else's preferences.)








Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.

~Theodore Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment