Saturday, May 21, 2016

"A day without laughter is wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin

Well...

I had approximately 60 photos I was going to post from our trip to Churchill Downs last weekend, but after I started processing the second batch, I realized they were all basically the same photo...just a different color horse.  So...I only chose my favorite ones out of the remaining group.

Here ya go...


Eadweard Muybridge - look it up...



UPS has a main hub at Louisville International Airport and I am obsessed with these ginormous planes taking off.  I also Googled why Louisville's airport call sign is SDF.  Turns out, the airport's former name is Standiford Field.  That's why you ask "why?".


And these two...Emily and Chauncey...



We had so much fun.  Altogether, we won $195.00 betting on 8 races and we chose the winners in three of them.  We went out for dinner afterwards at a nice restaurant and our "winnings" treated us to nice meals.  AND we split what was left of the pot after dinner and each took away a little more than our seed money.

Fun times!!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment