Sunday, July 19, 2015

Not interesting or effective because of being used too often : not fresh or original...(My WORST nightmare)

So...

I once had one of my professors (not a photography one) tell me that my photos were "trite".  I should never take photos of puppies, kittens, balloons, babies, flowers or other animals.  (Glad to know I wasted all of that time, money and effort on my BFA in Photography)

Hmm...

Well...here are some more of my "trite" photos of the dreaded flowers...

I'm a rebel.  What can I say?

(This bug looks kinda fake...)








I took this photo from the front seat of my dad's car...from pretty far away.  I was trying to get the raindrops which looked like diamonds draped through the pine needles.  This is another one of those happy accidents...if you look closely you can see the gossamer web woven through the needles.


We also happened upon these headstones in Mt. Moriah Cemetery.  I go to a LOT of cemeteries, but I think this is the first headstone I have seen of someone who fought in the Revolutionary War.  Pretty cool!




I did some research and found out that there are even older graves.  Richard Stockton's (1739-1810) is the oldest marked grave in the cemetery.  I'll have to look for him next time we're up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment