Friday, July 10, 2015

Flower Power...

Stargazer Lilies...STINKIEST flower in the world.  Anyone who tells you differently is lying.  Through their teeth.

When my brother Adam got married, his wife chose Stargazer Lilies for her bouquets and my mom was the one who did her wedding flowers.  Emily was one of the bridesmaids so she brought home her bouquet and had it in a vase on the dining room table.  The day before, someone had given a German Chocolate Cake to my dad, which also happened to be sitting on the table...right next to the bouquet.  Well, unbeknownst to us, German Chocolate Cake is an excellent absorbent material.  I was so happy to be having a big hunk of cake for my breakfast!!  I cut my hunk and was standing in the kitchen when I forked a huge piece into my mouth,  GAH!!  Never in my life have I EVER stood over a garbage can and had all 4 fingers in my mouth removing chocolate cake.  Stargazers smell horrible...and taste even worse!!  I honestly can't remember if I have tried to eat German Chocolate Cake since then.  Ruined me forever.

Well...nevertheless...they are beautiful.







We also have Montbretia growing but I wish there were more plants.  It's gorgeous.





 And Anna presses all the buttons...


Doh!!






No comments:

Post a Comment