Saturday, March 29, 2014

Sophie's Choice...

So...I have decided since I am actively pursuing a new career, I need a way to share my portfolio with prospective employers.  What better way than to post some of my work here on my blog!  I spent several hours yesterday and today perusing more than 60,000 photographs I have stored on my hard drives. 

Yikes!

It was nice, though, reminiscing over my older catalogs and seeing how far I have progressed in the past 8 years.  The biggest problem I have encountered is my ability to choose just a handful of photos to share.

Hence, Sophie's Choice.

Well, I have whittled 60k down to a mere 30 of my Architecture photos.  I'll be posting several other categories over the next week.  Hopefully, these with help me land a big fish.  I can't take much more of not being surrounded by artists.  My brain is turning to mush and I am terrified of being part of that "95% of art students who never make art again after graduation". 

(I A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y despised having one of my professors saying that at the beginning of each semester...Why in the hell should I be spending thousands of dollars for an education in the Arts if you are constantly telling me I am going to fail?  Nice that you've "got my back" and have soooo much confidence in my abilities.  Yay!)

Jerk.

Well, here is my first installation of "The World Through Anna's Eyes"

Enjoy...































No comments:

Post a Comment