Sunday, January 27, 2019

“The connections we make in the course of a life--maybe that's what heaven is.” ~Fred Rogers

So...

Emily, Pappy and I attended a funeral today.  Emily's ex - Greg Egan - passed away on January 17th.  Apparently, he had been battling colon cancer for about a year and a half.  The last time Mara and I saw him was when I was getting dressed at the hospital after second knee surgery.  THAT was weird...and random.  He had lost a lot of weight, but we weren't sure if it was intentional.  Even though we didn't see eye to eye, cancer is a horrible way to go and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. 

He was only 43. 

(I haven't been able to stop thinking about him this past week.  Now I wish I had said "Hi" to him when we saw him - instead of freaking out and hiding.  Kinda petty on my part.)

After we left the funeral, we had an adventure.  I had to pick up my new Tibetan woven wall hanging at an auction house (it's pretty cool!) and then Emily wanted to try and new carry-out restaurant she follows on Facebook.  It's call Sweets & Meats BBQ (located in Mt. Washington) and holy crap...it was delicious!!  After our picnic in the car, we went across the street to St. Vincent de Paul.  I found a couple of things (nice watercolor of a sailboat and a vase for my anthurium) and Pappy got a really nice cane.  We went to the Goodwill in Bellevue next where I found a (holy crap!) Frankoma Pottery Prairie Green pitcher marked $3.00 and since, it was 50% off store-wide, I only paid $1.50!  Score!

Back to the grind now, though.  So demanding of my brains....NOT. 

Here's the last of the first batch of randomness...well, that's convoluted.

Enjoy.








.

No comments:

Post a Comment