Wednesday, January 23, 2019

“Little by little one walks far” ~Peruvian Proverb

Well...

I guess I should get back up on the horse - so to speak.

I've been slacking on several fronts here: 

  • I haven't really been carrying Chuck with me when we go out as I have been experimenting with the camera on my cellphone.  Trying to get a better grasp on how I can manipulate the (inferior) thing to make the photos I wish to create.  It is certainly a study in frustration.

  • I spend a LOT of time walking still, trying to maintain my weight loss.  I have gained 10lbs back since October - thanks in part to:  Vacation road trip to Las Vegas, Wedding, Reception, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and to the fact that I'm a fat chick who LOVES her sweets.  I have since started cutting my calories and I am happy to report that I have lost 6lbs.  Now I want to lose that extra 30 before the beginning of June (hey, I did it before, I can do it again).

  • I'm just plain lazy.  My boss was out on medical leave for 9 or 10 weeks (it's all still a blur), so I was filling in as the interim Site Supervisor - trying to take care of crap while still working 3rd shift....you know - four hour-long, required conference calls a week (each week) that occurred during the day.  You know, my MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT!  Off the clock even!  That's a whole week of pay I VOLUNTEERED.  Then one of the officers got fired the second week...so we had 3 of us splitting 168hrs a week (I was working 68-72hrs).  Yay.  Needless to say, I was kinda glad when he returned.

  • There was another officer (finally) hired to replace the fired one but this one only lasted a couple of weeks.  So, back to working 7 days/64hrs for a couple of months.  All's well now.  New hire is working out well and I'm again working my normal 48hrs.

Now I need to get back in the groove of processing this backlog of photos I've made since September.  These first few posts are only going to have six random photos as I try to set a routine.  No surfing until I finish my blog post of the day.  Them's the new rules...we'll see how long it lasts.

I'm also running out of acceptable, non-repetitive content for my Instagram page. 😁

Enjoy.







“When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems as though you could not hold on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.”
~Harriet Beecher Stowe




.
























No comments:

Post a Comment