Wednesday, April 12, 2017

"Your job is to get your audience to care about your obsessions." ~Marting Scorsese

So...

Have you ever seen something fleeting but then it is stuck in your head and you obsess over it for days?  I do this - a lot.  I have even driven miles and miles to get back to something I have seen just to photograph it - or to put it in proper perspective in my mind.  Sometimes, this doesn't work out the way I imagined. 

This is kind of one of those times.

Several weeks ago, I bought a ginormous bottle of hand sanitizer for the lobby at work.  Inside of the bottle were a billion tiny air bubbles suspended in the goo.  Apparently, I was sitting every night staring aimlessly at this bottle (waiting for Spencer to log off the computer), and the image was imprinted - inadvertently - in my head.  When I finally realized this, I knew I had to take action to purge it.  Since I removed my tripod from my car, I am restricted to shooting Chuck just sitting stationary on the desk.  If you know me at all, you understand that I have almost no patience (with myself) whatsoever and I am an "Instant Gratification" kind of a gal.

Well...I took a few photos (a buttload) to try to capture what my eyes and brain were seeing.  I even got out my little Kodak point and shoot to have a crack at it.

Meh.

The main irksome obsession is now gone, but I still catch myself glaring at the stupid bottle every night.

This shot was taken with Chuck...geez.


This one was with the Kodak...and the cobalt blue light on the bottom of my tiny speaker I use on my computer.  It looks like frog eggs.


This one was also from the Kodak.  Holy crap, Chuck.  You'd best be looking over your shoulder!


But, like I said....meh.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment