Sunday, April 16, 2017

“Dwell on the beauty of life. Watch the stars, and see yourself running with them.” ~Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

So...

Last year, I decided I wanted to document the interiors of as many of Greater Cincinnati's churches as I could gain access and publish a Blurb book.  There is a whole range of reasons why this never came into fruition, the most prevalent being my laziness.  Well, Mara, Pappy, and I were out "thrifting" last week and we visited St. Clare Chapel at the Franciscan Sisters of the Poor on Compton Road in Cincinnati (they have a nice little thrift store on campus). 

Holy crap! 

The interior is beautiful!  There were several Sisters inside praying and Chuck's shutter sounds like a canon going off, so I felt it was too disrespectful to take very many photos that day.  We are definitely going back up at a time where I can be the least intrusive.  I had my tripod with me, but that just adds to the cacophony I was trying to avoid. 

All of my photos here we taken hand-held with an extremely high ISO.  Sorry...Chuck gets REALLY noisy around ISO 400.

Hopefully, these photos will be the impetus to get my buns in gear on this project.











What a beautiful chapel.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment