Friday, July 8, 2016

"There are always flowers for those who want to see them." ~Henri Matisse

Ok...

I'm back!  My card reader crapped out on me, so I had to purchase another.  I can't really complain, the old one saw me through 50k-plus photo downloads.  It was time...

Here are a couple of photos of the awesome orange Coneflower planted in our walkway at home.  I was sure it was a Black-Eyed Susan and was pleasantly surprised to see the beautiful orange flowers.  Cool!




We also have several Moonbeam Coreopsis planted.  The flowers and stems are so delicate.


This year, despite being hacked down (improperly pruned) last year by the lawn service, the Hydrangea is crazy huge.  The plant is higher than my waist the completely covered with immense flower heads.  We must have had the most ideal spring.  Every bush I've seen so far is huge and covered with enormous flowers.  Gorgeous.



Flowers... are a proud assertion that a ray of beauty out-values all the utilities of the world.
 


~Ralph Waldo Emerson, 1844

No comments:

Post a Comment