Sunday, February 26, 2017

"A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral." ~Antoine de Saint Exupéry

So...

Today was another "girls day out" researching wedding trappings.  Emily found a really cool venue for her reception which is located in Maintrasse Village in Covington - the Leapin Lizard.  It was formerly the Main Street Methodist Church, built in 1888.  The Victorian Gothic Revival building is absolutely gorgeous, and exactly the type of eclectic setting Emily was searching for. 

Today was the very first time I have ever used a flash on Chuck.  I bought a really nice Canon 550ex Speedlite at an estate auction for $14.  The foot on the hot shoe was broken but I found some simple instructions on replacing it and voilà - a flash for me with a total cost of $27 - about 500 bucks less than it had cost new.  Yay!  (Now I just need to learn how to use it.)  I was also able to download and print the manual - for free.  :)

Well...here are the photos I took today.  Like I said, it's a beautiful building.  (I could have remembered to bring the correct lens, though.  Next time.)

Sorry for the sheer amount here...I am posting them so Emily, Chauncey and Pappy can see.


























No comments:

Post a Comment