Friday, November 11, 2016

“I wish I could say that racism and prejudice were only distant memories. We must dissent from the indifference. We must dissent from the apathy. We must dissent from the fear, the hatred and the mistrust…We must dissent because America can do better, because America has no choice but to do better.” ~Thurgood Marshall

So...

I am having a REALLY hard time accepting the outcome of the election.  Not so much the fact the Trump was elected - and the BS he stated he was going to change, implement or eliminate - but the jackasses who now think that it is now okay and acceptable to treat people the way Trump was urging them to.  Reading stories of verbal and physical attacks just one day after the election is very disheartening.  No one should feel fear living in this country.  EVER.  Fear of what is happening at the political level is bad enough, but when I have to live in fear in my everyday surroundings, well...this is bad.  REALLY bad. 

Please...can we not embrace the hate-mongering, racism and bigotry?  I thought we - as a nation - were mostly past this.

I decided to post photos of pretty flowers tonight.  I need to find some zen.  Maybe this will help.












“Pit race against race, religion against religion, prejudice against prejudice. Divide and conquer! We must not let that happen here.”
~Eleanor Roosevelt

No comments:

Post a Comment