Sunday, October 25, 2015

“The man who fears to be alone will never be anything but lonely..." ~Thomas Merton

So...

Imma gonna just put this here....


I have basically moved into my workplace.  Since October 1st (today is the 25th), I have been working a ridiculous amount of hours.  If I was scheduled for a normal 40hr work week, this would add up to a total of 152hrs.  In that same time frame, I have actually worked 260.75hrs.  That's one hundred and eight hours of overtime - in less than a month.  This isn't counting the fact I have been working 7 days a week for a couple of months (again). 

Oh...I'm not complaining.  I am just really, really, REALLY tired.  And maybe a little crabby - but mainly tired.

And, since I have been practically living in my little 8'x12' cell and my whole waking life has been pared down to this 12 square foot space where I sit, I haven't been out of the house to take any photos.  I mean none.  Nada.  I took this last night while I was all kicked back enjoying a movie - uh, I mean working my fingers to the bone.  I was bemoaning the fact that I see maybe 5 people total - and that's on a busy day.  Last night, I saw 2. 

I am a social butterfly.

Well...hermit.

'No Man is an Island'

No man is an island entire of itself; every man 
is a piece of the continent, a part of the main; 
if a clod be washed away by the sea, Europe 
is the less, as well as if a promontory were, as 
well as any manner of thy friends or of thine 
own were; any man's death diminishes me, 
because I am involved in mankind. 
And therefore never send to know for whom 
the bell tolls; it tolls for thee. 


MEDITATION XVII
Devotions upon Emergent Occasions
John Donne 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment