Sunday, October 13, 2019

“Treat a work of art like a prince: let it speak to you first.” ~Arthur Schopenhauer

So...

Here are a couple of photos from the BLINK Light Festival in Downtown Cincinnati. 

I'm too lazy tonight to process and post any in color (too many color corrections for my brains) so I chose a few really cool ones for B&W.  I was also shooting at 6400 ISO so EVERYTHING is noisy.  Extremely noisy. 

One of these days, I would like to be able to afford a really nice lens - you know...one I have to sell a kidney to purchase.  Until then, I'll just be "artsy".

Enjoy.













“In my own opinion, the average American's cultural shortcomings can be likened to those of the educated barbarians of ancient Rome. These were barbarians who learned to speak--and often to read and write--Latin. They acquired Roman habits of dress and deportment. Many of them handily mastered Roman commercial, engineering and military techniques--but they remained barbarians nonetheless. They failed to develop any understanding, appreciation or love for the art and culture of the great civilization around them.” 

~J. Paul Getty, How to Be Rich











No comments:

Post a Comment